The only 100% LOCAL Business Referral Group in Hull
Run for the members, Not for profit – All surplus funds are donated to LOCAL charities – NOT a Franchise or national company
Who are we?
The Business Community Co-operative (BCC) are a group of local business people whose members work together as a marketing co-operative.
We actively help each other with new leads, opportunities, business support and mentoring.
The group exists solely for the benefit of its members and local good causes, we are not managed by any outside agency, nor do we have any affiliation with any other group or networking organisation. We are autonomous and self-regulating.
The group operates on a non-profit basis – ALL surplus finance generated by the group is donated to charity. Nobody receives any payment for running the group.
What do we do?
- We meet regularly on Thursday mornings at 7 am at The Village Hotel: Henry Boot Way, Priory Way, Hull HU4 7DY
- Our structured meeting format allows us to pass business leads, give testimonials and generally support each other’s businesses.
- From January 2017 Meeting fees for members and visitors are £13 per meeting – there are no other membership dues.
Surplus funds are donated to local charity organisations.
- So far we have given away in excess of £15,000.
Interested – Why not visit the group?
Visitors pay our normal meeting fee which is £13.00 unless they have a voucher or a personal invite from an existing member. This fee includes an all you can eat breakfast following the meeting. Please fill in the form to reserve your place – we need this information to help us with catering arrangements on the day.
A Typical Meeting [Start Time 07.10]
Members each take turns around the room to stand and pitch their business for 60 seconds
A 2 minute networking education slot delivered by the group education officer or nominated member
An opportunity for one member per week to speak for ten minutes about themselves and their business
Face 2 Face
‘one to one’ networking in two five minute sessions
Referrals and Leads
Members pass on leads and business opportunities they have found for fellow group members
Like what you’ve seen?
We actively encourage visitors to our meetings.
- Visitors may only attend two meetings before being asked to commit to joining – subject to their category being open.
- Visitors or substitutes must not do or say anything that competes with an existing members trade category.
- Please check the Members Directory to see if your Trade Category has already been taken. Click Here.
Please fill in the form opposite to request an invitation. We do everything we can to make visitors welcome: All you need to do is turn up, bring a smile and your meeting fee – and enjoy a great networking experience!
The BCC CardBox App
The BCC CardBox App installs quickly onto any mobile phone or tablet. It contains the trade categories and contact details of all current members of the group which are kept up to date by the group committee. You can also use the APP to share a members details with someone – simply find the contact info for that member and use the share button to pass them along to someone else by text, email or messenger. You can also share the complete app with others by using the share button whilst in Category View.
To get your copy
Send a text message to 07950 232926 with the word APP in the message body – you will receive a message back containing a link – click the link and follow the directions to install the APP on your device. App creation by www.thriftysites.co.uk